tugas bahasa inggris
UNIT 8 - COMPANIES
Page 78
A
b.
Nokia
c.
Mattel
a.
Levi-Strauss
b.
Coca-Cola
c.
General Motors
a.
Boeing
b.
McDonald's
Page 79 Language Focus 1
A
1.
BMW is
selling Minis in China now
2.
People are
working in the factory 51 weeks a year
3.
I’m
calling about a problem
4.
Many Chinese
people are learning English
5.
She is
attending a course on presentations
6.
He is
not working in the office today
7.
They are
entertaining some foreign guest
B
1.
Is
increasing
2.
Is exporting
3.
Is
translating
4.
Is planning
5.
Is expanding
Page 80 Vocabulary
A
Autotech
John Smith started Autotech in 1960. It
manufactures car parts. Autotech provides components for the car industry .It
introduces one or two new components each year. It has a workforce of 2.500.
autotech exports to over 12 countries.
Green Fingers
George and James Hawkins began Green
Fingers in the 1920s. green Fingers supplies the gardening industry. It makes
garden products. It employs about 35 people. Green Fingers sells some of its
product abroad. It launches twelve new products a year.
B
Autotech
John Smith started Autotech
in 1960. It manufactures car parts.
Autotech provides components for the car industry
.It introduces one or two new components each year.
It has a workforce of 2.500. autotech exports to over 12
countries.
Green Fingers
George and James
Hawkins began Green Fingers in the 1920s. Green
Fingers supplies the gardening industry. It makes garden
products. It employs about 35 people. Green
Fingers sells some of its product abroad.
It launches twelve new products a year.
Page 81 Reading
A
1.
Louis
Vuitton: Bag
2.
Givenchy:
Bag
3.
Kenzo:
Cosmetics
4.
Donna Karan:
Clothes
B
·
Name: LVMH
·
Head Office:
In France
·
Numbers Of
Stores: 1.500 stores
·
Product:
Designer Clothes, Fashion Accesories, Watch and Luggage
·
Number Of
Brands: 60 Brands
·
Workfaorce:
56.000 Employs
C
1.
63% of its
staff work outside France
2.
Percentage
increase in sales at Louis Vuitton division is 22%
3.
b. New Product
4.
Did not have huge sales but it brought customers into the stores
5.
US. France and Japan
D
1.
False
2.
True
3.
False
4.
True
5.
True
Page 82 Language Focus 2
A
1.
I stay/
am staying at the Ritz every time I'm in New York. I stay/ am
staying at the Ritz at the moment
2.
She
works/ is working at home today. She works/ is working at home
everyday
3.
She
often calls/ is calling Russia. At the moment she calls/ is
calling a customer in Moscow
4.
I don't
usually deal/ dealing with the paperwork. I deal/ am
dealing with all the paperwork while Susan is away
5.
It normally
takes/ is taking about two months. But this delivery takes/ is
taking longer that usual
6.
We
normally use/ are using a London firm. This time we use/ are
using a different company
B
1.
Owns
2.
Has
3.
Operating
4.
Employs
5.
Has
6.
Works
7.
Doing
8.
Trying
9.
Investing\
10. Stays
UNIT 9 - THE WEB
Page 91 Vocabulary 1
A
a.
People who spend a lot of time using the intermet (5)
b.Take
information from the internet and copy it your computer (6)
c.
A website which finds information about othe websites (4)
d.
Place on the internet containing information (3)
e.
Your computer stops working because of a problem (7)
f.
Enter information to start using a computer or website (1)
g.
The word which tells the search engine what you are looking for (2)
Page 93 Language Focus 1
A
1.
What are
you going to do?
2.
Well,
I am not going to sell the company
B
1.
What are they doing next
week?
2.
They are not working.
They're on holiday
C
1.
I'm meeting
2.
He is
arriving
3.
I'm talking
4.
I'm not
seeing
5.
I'm driving
E
Next
Week
·
Go to the
bank √
·
Have a
meeting x
·
Do my
homework √
·
Phone my
parents √
·
Completing
scientific research √
·
Holiday √
Next
Year
·
Go abroad √
·
Design my
own web page √
·
Give up
smoking x
·
Change my
job x
·
Graduated
with the best ratings √
·
Working in
reputable companies √
Page 94 Reading
A
I
think to find products on the Internet isn't difficult, usually products that I
find on the Internet is clothes.
B
AOL,
Yahoo, dot.com, Overture, goto.com. Google, Earthink, Jupiter Research
C
b.
Less Profit
b.
They didn’t advertise enough
a.
To be able to find your company product
a.
3 months
b.
To offer services which are different
Page 95 Vocabulary 2 Time Expression
A
1.
Next
2.
Weeks
3.
After
4.
Near
5.
End
6.
Tomorrow
7.
Weekend
8.
Now
B
1.
I haven’t
got a hard copy of the report (b)
2.
I can’t find
Susan’s address (e)
3.
I think it’s
time to go home (d)
4.
These boxes
are so heavy (a)
Page 97 Writing
Dear Sir,
Through this letter, I inform you
that I want to resign from your company starting from September 30th, 2015.
I feel that now is the right time
for me to develop my career in other field. I would be grateful if you confirm
the acceptance of my resignation and the date. If there is something I have to
finish before I go, please let me know.
I also express my gratitude to
the company Mudadesign for the support and the opportunity that I have gained
while I work here. I wish you and the entire team of Mudadesign success and
continue to provide the best for consumers.
Thank you for your attention and
wisdom.
Best Regards
Raisa Andriana
UNIT 10 - THE JOBS
Page 106 Starting Up
A
·
Lawyer
·
Air traffic
condition
·
Accountant
·
Advertising
Executive
·
Nurse
·
Firefighter
·
Football
star
·
Fashion
Model
·
Teacher
·
Postal
Worker
B
1.
√
2.
X
3.
X
4.
√
5.
√
6.
√
7.
X
8.
√
9.
X
10. √
Page 107 Vocabulary
A
1.
Lead
2.
Set up
3.
Train
4.
Increase
5.
Develop
6.
Improve
B
1.
Manage
2.
Plan
3.
Organise
4.
Deal with
Page 108 Language Focus 1
A
1.
e
2.
c
3.
a
4.
d
5.
b
C
1.
Have you
changed
2.
Have you
applied for
3.
Have you
read
4.
Have you
work
5.
Have you had
6.
Have you
learn
7.
Have you had
8.
Have you do
Page 109 Reading
B
1.
True
2.
True
3.
False
4.
False
5.
True
6.
False
C
1.
Four pages
2.
Yes, I do
3.
Yes, have
the same headings as Cristina Kramer’s CV
4.
Yes, I do
Page 110 Language Focus 2
A
I think I had/ have had an
interesting career. I studied/ have studied at Oxford University from 1997
to 2000. Then I applied/ have applied for jobs abroad. I worked/ have
worked in HongKong for a year, and then I went/ have been to Japan in
2001. I did/ have done a number of different jobs. I sold/ have
sold computer software in HongKong. I taught/ have taught English in
Japan. I wrote/ have a written a book, and I ran/ have run my
own business.
B
·
Before
·
This
afternoon
·
Since 2
o'clock
·
Two weeks
ago
UNIT 11 - COMMUNICATION
Page 6
A
1.
Fluency in
the language
2.
An extensive
vocabulary
3.
Not being
afraid of making mistakes
C
1.
E-mails,
interview
2.
Video call
3.
Signal,
internet connection
4.
Choose the
best provider
Page 6 Vocabulary
A
Good communicators : articulate,
coherent, eloquent, fluent, focussed, extrovert, persuasive, responsive,
succinct.
Bad communicators : hesitant,
inhibited, rambling, sensitive, reserved.
Page 7 Vocabulary
B
1.
Concise :
succinct
2.
Reluctant to
speak : reserved
3.
Talking in
confused way : hesitant
4.
Able to
express ideas well : coherent
5.
Clear and
easy to understand : articulate
6.
Good at
influencing people : persuasive
7.
Outgoing :
extrovert
8.
Reacting in
a positive way : responsive
C
1.
Listen
2.
Ramble
3.
Explain
4.
Interrupt
5.
Engage
6.
Digress
7.
Confuse
8.
Clarify
Page 8 Reading
B
1.
Trust
2.
Mobile
phones
3.
Frequent
meetings
Page 9
C
Communication Problem
A. High Tech
Consequences :
1.
Senior
manager hide behind their computers
2.
Staff use
voice mail to screen calls
3.
Employees
sitting next each other will send e-mail rather than speak
B. Information overload
Consequences :
1.
People stop
listening
C. Common loyalitas
Consequences :
1.
Can even
extend to question of safety
D
1.
Can create
barries - senior manager hide behind their computers, staff use voice mail to
screen calls, employees sitting next each other will send e-mails rather than
speak
2.
Manager
should get up, walk round the office and talk to people
3.
Theobald recommend
checking e-mails only three times a day, allocating a set period of time
to deal with it
4.
Many
email accounts attached
5.
Because the
government was trying to save money and both group felt threatened. The
individuals were highly identified with there own organisation and
unwilling to communicate with the other department
6.
Sending such
people on yet another "how to communication" course will be
pointless
E
1.
Waste :
resources, information, time
2.
Face :
trouble, difficulties
3.
Duplicate :
time, work
4.
Install :
factories, equipment
5.
Save : time,
experience
6.
Develop :
truth, loyalty
7.
Share :
support, ideas
8.
Allocate :
ideas, resources
9.
Interrupt :
e-mails, conversation
Page 10 Language Review
Part A
a.
To put in
a bush
b.
To get
straight to the point
c.
To hear it
on the grapevine
d.
To put you
in the picture
e.
To get the
wrong end of the stick
f.
To be on the
same nutshell
g.
Can’t make
head or tail of it
h.
To talk at
cross purpose
i.
To beat
about the wavelength
j.
To get
our wires crossed
Part B
1.
To fail to
understand anything wires
2.
To share
similar opinion and ideas wavelength
3.
To summarise
briefly nutshell
4.
To
misunderstand bush
5.
To delay
talking about something stick
6.
To give the
latest information tail
7.
To talk
about the most important thing point
8.
To hear
about something passed from one person to others grapevine
Part C
1.
Stick
2.
Wavelength
3.
Nutshell
4.
Tail
5.
Bush
6.
Purpose
7.
Grapevine
8.
Picture
9.
Point
10. Wires
Part D
1.
What have
you heard on the grapevine recently ? I recently have heard on the
grapevine that there are news of the collapse of the new building of the
university Gunadarma
2.
When was the
last time you got the wrong end of the stick ? follow the sun
3.
When is it
necessary to put someone in the picture ? It is necessary to put
someone in the picture when something important happens while she or he is
absent.
4.
In what
situations is it good to about the bush ? if you don't have enough
information to make a decision
5.
In what
situations is it good to get straight to the point ? it is necesary to
get straight to the point when someone don't understands a topic of the shcool
or something important
6.
Can you give
an example of when you were talking at cross purpose ? developer vs.
admin
7.
Is there
anything you can’t make head or tail of ? a lot of mind as a magnifying
glass/ a microscope / a telescope








0 komentar: